Hey there my lovely spring reading daisies! Can you believe it is already March (collective gasping) (*fans self dramatically*)
I know I too cannot believe that March is finally upon us. This means that spring is soon upon us… only to quickly be filled with more anticipated 2020 reads… that my schedule will hopefully allow me the time to sprinkle in (I’m looking at you Crescent City)
However with that little confetti filled reminder that are TBR’s will have the power to eat us one day, I did manage to have a pretty successful reading February considering the busy schedule I was sword-fighting all month long!!
I read (5) books this month! Which is not bad considering I thought the number was going to be a lot lower than that haha!
I’d also like to announce that I have gained 32 followers here on Bubbly Books since I switched to WordPress (used to be on Blogger) and I am SO GRATEFUL! THANK YOU to those who have continued to support me and THANK YOU to the new fresh faces stopping by the blog! It really means so much to me and each new comment puts a smile on my face!
Ok so on to the books…
What I Read:
Lore Olympus – (5 stars)- Ok so this is a webcomic but I am still counting it towards my good reads challenge (hey every little bit helps!) This is such a fabulous comic w greek gods, romance, fabulous art, very brutey boy meets soft gurl (but they are both so in denial of their feelings towards one another…) completely addictive, highly recommend!
Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao- (4 stars) – I quite liked this one! You could definitely tell it was the authors debut… but there was something very unique and poetic about the way it was written, and the way some things were phrased?! Good characters, intriguing world building, plot twisty, and fast paced a solid YA fantasy!
Angry God by LJ Shen- (5 Stars) – Guys, guys, guys if you know me you know I am completly and utterly INVESTED in anything LJ Shen writes… that being said please please please read Angry God!! I know that it is one of her more intense and twisted books but omg I think it might be one of my all time favs from her?! (slapped that 5 star button so fast) If you like bully romances, enemies to lovers, with a dark and poetic, art filled twist than READ THIS NOW!
Kabu Kabu by Nnedi Okorafor – (4 stars)- Had to read this one for class but liked it! A collection of African fantasy short stories, think my thoughts can be best explained in my review HERE.
Heartland by Sarina Bowen- (4 stars) – This was so cute you guys. A little quirky, but boy did I want to eat about a million caramels while reading this (the baking is this book is divine) Adorable friends to lovers romance (even though I wanted to smack Dylan at times lol), great steamy scenes, and an overall addicting mess of cuteness!
TV Shows I Watched:
- The Bachelor (season 24)- If you all are watching you know that fantasy suites just happened… and omg I cannot wait for the finale! I am team #Madison till the end but lets just hope Peter doesn’t mess this up!! Bc that boy can be so thick sometimes lol!
- Revenge (season 2)- Just started this on Hulu after seeing it being recommend to me and boy am I GLAD I did! This is about a girl seeking revenge on a family that put her father in prison. It is very high drama, plotted revenge schemes, devious lies, back stabbing, and more back stabbing but I am HERE for it!
Again totally open to show recs! What are you all currently watching rn? Please do let a girl know in the comments!
Posts from around the Blogosphere:
- Frankie @enemiestolovers talks about YA books that float into the Adult categories and the list includes some of my favs!
- Kelly @AnotherBookinTheWall gives blogging post ideas for when your in a post writing slump, and honestly such a bookmark worthy post!
- Cait @PaperFury gives a bubbly and fun recap of her reading and author life over the past month! Love her content!
- Sabrina @WordyandWhimsical writes a super cool post about her very own library!
- Haha @SunshineandBooks talks about the things she wished she knew before she started blogging
- Melanie @TBRandBeyond talks about characters she would follow on social media and includes really awesome character fan art!
- Sophie @MeandInk writes a very spot on post regarding the different types on characters she loves to read about (including some of my very own favs!) love this post!
- Finally was able to push through midterms these past couple of weeks! although now I feel like I am forgetting about a bunch of things since the HW load has finally decided to cool it.
- Started a new show (revenge) and finished another (I am literally counting down the days until my eyes are blessed with season 6 of peaky blinders)
- That being said this month overall started really strong with a bunch of fun things going on, got a little crappy towards the end with midterms (and you know STRESS) however now I am quite bored and hope March is shoveled with a bunch more fun and busy schedules!
- I also hope to somehow get a copy of Crescent City on my hands…
- and oh ya actually be productive and catch up on my ARCS (ahaha I’m already laughing at myself… sigh)
My March TBR:
Thanks so much for stopping by my little readers!! Please tell me how your reading month went?? Read any of the above? Have any of them on your tbr? LMK in the comments below!