Hey there my lovely reading bunnies! How has your month been? Reading treating you good? Time eating away your reading festivities?? I myself have been struggling with both sides of that coin myself.
However that being said I managed to read some REALLY fabulous books?! Like some even made my favorite of all time shelf… a hell to the yass over here.
Ok lets break it down:
I read (6) books this month!! *fist pump* *gives self high five*
I am so glad I was able to read this much! I even happier that I am 4 books ahead of my reading challenge because we all know school will not be as gracious with the number of books I will be reading in the upcoming months… ahaha.
What I Read:
I Hate You by Isla Madden- Mills (5 stars)- Omggg this was the college football romance I did not know I needed in my life! I absolutely adored Blaze and Charm in this book! Super cute banter, low angst, and full swoon! The hate to love romance you need on your TBR 😉
American Royals by Katherine McGee (3 stars)- I had very mixed feeling when it came to this one…. as can be seen in my review here however there was some things I did like about this one! Very high drama, royal family dynamics, backstabbing, everyone looks out for themselves atmosphere, a quick read!
Ruthless Knight by A. Jade (4.5 stars)- I liked this one way more than Cruel Prince… but I think thats because I already knew that Cole and Sawyer were going to be my favorite characters in this series. I still love Oakely and recommend this series to lovers of high angst, bully romance, with redeemable broody boys.
Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin (5 stars)- NEW ALL TIME FAV!! With a romance to die for…Check out my review here.
Cruel Prince by A. Jade (3.5 stars)- This was the first time I read anything by A. Jade and I must say I enjoy her books! While her plot style is filled with a bit too much- fight first, talk later– types of personalities she really knows how to write and develop characters you care about!!
This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab (4 stars)- I ADORE V.E. Schwab so it was no surprise here that I really enjoyed This Savage Song. It is very different than ADSOM but managed to win over my heart in a –two lost souls finding each other- type of way. Also bonus point for making me love a book with no romance (that is not an easy thing to do lol).
TV Shows I Watched:
- The Witcher (season 1)- I really enjoyed this one! While I could not help comparing it to Game of Thrones the whole time I liked it and look forward the next season (even though we have wait another year ugh!)
- Peaky Blinders (currently on season 4)- This show is amazing y’all!! Takes place in the early 1920’s and focuses on a family that runs an illegal betting house. Highly recommend to lovers of darkness, violence, family filled dynamics, with a very complex male lead (THOMAS SHELBY) — throw in some 1920’s fashion, boss women, and forbidden romance and I am here for it!!
- The Bachelor (season 24)- OMG this season be wild y’all. Anyones whose watching rn feel free to discuss in the comments because these girls are savage af and they are here for Peter (and the claws are totally out). I think my favs so far are Kelly and the brunette he went on the first one on one… (sorry her name is escaping me!!)
I am open to show recs rn because I am almost done with Peaky Blinders (sad) and love anything will dark undertones, fantasy, paranormal, or high drama (such as gossip girl or The O.C.) Just hit me up in the comments below!
Posts I loved from around the blogosphere:
- Sophie @Bewareofthereader– talks about her top reads of the month!
- Marie @DrizzleandHurricaneBooks– discusses why people don’t comment on blogs and what makes her want to comment or not comment on a persons blog and it is just a lovely little discussion post!
- Kal @ReaderVoracious– Discusses the most emotional books she’s ever read and how they have effected her… some of them even bring tears!!
- Tracey @TruffleReads– Talks about Blog Buttons and if they are really necessary anymore and how they seem to be almost going out of style??
- Carly @Readingismykindofthing– Did a super fun Fantasy themed tag (which is my favorite genre) and you all should check it out because it is amazing! (she also talks about her love of Serpent & Dove and I over here like… SAME!)
- Loretta @LaughingListener– Is finally back after taking some time off of blogging and discusses whats she’s been up to during her absence in the blogosphere and her 2019 reading year overall… yay!!
- Kayla @Booksandblends– Discusses her January 2020 haul and I love seeing what she plans on reading next!
- @Anovelglimpse– Discusses her some of her favorite book covers and how they caught her eye 😉
- Well school is officially back in session for the second semester of the year… yikes! I hope this semester treats me right!
- So far I have been able to keep up with reading and blogging and I really hope that continues for the rest of the semester!!
- The weather is very on and off here. I feel like it cannot decide whether or not to be chilly or sunny as a day on in the beach in the smack of summer and I am not here for this indecisiveness (the song Hot N Cold comes to mind my the Katy Perry…)
- I’m also making time for some more sketching!! Which is fabulous really appreciate that time management being good to me.
- Thats pretty much it just dipping my toes back into the school wave as we tackle the first couple of weeks here!
My TBR for the next couple of months:
So what are you all up to?? Get any reading done? Any new fav books grace your hands? Any of the above books look interesting to you? Lets chat it up in the comments below!